Monday, August 2, 2010

Love quote #1


I love to read. You can usually find me with my nose in a book. Likewise I love quotes...I have this old, super ragged folder full of random quotes that I have been filling since 2006!! Ok, here comes the point: before I left for the states, Lance and I started to send each other little love quotes, and song lyrics back and forth via email...and I had the brilliant idea (conceited much??) that we should save all them and use them in our wedding somehow. Each day, I really look forward to what he has discovered that reminds him of our love, and simultaneously I feel so close and so far from him, sigh. Anyways here are a couple of gorgeous ways of incorporating text into your big day, underneath are some quotes that Lance & have exchanged.
"Suddenly I found you and the spirit in me sings, don't have to look no further, you're the soul of many things" -Bob Dylan 

This was the 1st quote Lance sent me (good job babe!), so I typed this in + wedding and this wedding
invitation popped up. I love that the colors used are black, gray and red versus the standard pastels. The rest of the paper goods from this wedding can be found here.



i carry your heart with me(i carry it in


my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)
e.e. cummings 

Ok, so this is perhaps my favorite piece of written work. Ever. It is a poem about love but unlike most love poems, it encompasses many types of love. I wrote this in a card to Lance long before we started the quote sending. I write this in emails to my mom. This poem is inked in Carter's baby book. This is one of those poems that you have to read over and over and say the words, and turn them over in your head...I know, I know super dramatic but thats what this does to me. It really took on new meaning when I got sent to Korea, and just love how it sounds "I carry your heart, I am never without it". I will probably try to put this in my vows somehow.



"The sweetest thing I've ever known, was your kiss on my collarbone. 
I wish I didn't get so weak, oh baby just to hear you speak.
Loving you is the sweetest thing." -Lauryn Hill

These were just a very few ideas. I know that lots of brides-to-be want unique ways to make their day special and personal, so I hope this was inspiring!


"To Infinity & Beyond" -Buzz Light Year 

We look so young here and it was only a couple of years ago.  

2 comments:

  1. Awe so cute... and mushy :) Joe and I just say :I freakin' love you" and "I freakin' love you back"

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha!!!! I miss you Sarah O, come to AZ and make me Oreo pie forever :)

    ReplyDelete